Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cornball

I broke a dpn today. Damn. I thought I had another set of #2's but if I do, I don't know where they are so am forced to finish thumb on mitten with a size #1. I could try 3 needles, but you know how it is when you have a rhythm going, the littlest detail can blow it all and I have have been working on this mitten long enough. I want to finish and have it the mail Monday. No excuses, oh wait..@#!*, Mondays a holiday, so Tuesday. Ya'll bored yet.

Have finally gotten my scarf exchange partner finalized and the scarf knitting can begin. I look forward to finding the just right pattern and fiber and knitting something special for a total stranger. How cool an idea is that? I hope my receiver enjoys her scarf. I am so excited to get mine, and will treasure it no matter what. How special, mine is coming from Australia and my partner has been knitting for over 40 years. How awesome. She wrote to tell me that she has dyed the wool herself and begun knitting. So exciting, a gift in the dreariest part of winter.

Geesh, did I tell ya I was excited enough times. I'm a cornball for sure.

No comments: